Meeting: 7:00pm 1st Wednesday except January
Rehearsal: 6:30 pm - Last 2 Wednesdays of the month
Installation: 5:00 pm Saturday 12th May, 2018
Lodge Wyong Tuggerah Lakes No.247 turned the 100 year mark on 4th September, 2006 and celebrated through to September, 2007 as its Centenary Year. Although the Lodge was consecrated in 1906 by the then Governor of New South Wales and the Most Worshipful Grand Master of United Grand Lodge of NSW, Sir Harry Rawson, as Lodge Wyong No.247. It is now know as Lodge Wyong Tuggerah Lakes No.247 after Lodge Tuggerah Lakes No.757, consolidated with Wyong on 17th June, 1999.
The Wyong district can be proud to have Freemasonry flourish in its district uninterrupted for over a century. This Lodge is the oldest
consecrated Lodge on the Central Coast which makes up District 21 of Region 2 of the United Grand Lodge of New South Wales & A.C.T.
Since 1906 Lodge Wyong has had three official meeting places, the first being in a room above a barber shop on the corner of now Railway Street and Bakers Lane, Wyong. A great fire destroyed a lot of the buildings adjoining the lodge room and many records were destroyed, but luckly some were saved by the then secretary, Worshipful Brother John Filshie, who threw a lot of records out the window. After that the lodge met in the local hotel for sometime before land could be purchased in Howarth Street, Wyong.
Wor. Bro Sam McKimm (Dooralong school teacher) and Wor. Bro Gershom Baker (Wyong dentist) work tirelessly towards raising funds and keeping the lodge going until the second premises could be built in Howarth Street, Wyong in 1923.
The Lodge met in these premises, with renovations done, for 76 years before moving into brand new premises, Wyong Masonic Centre, on the Pacific Highway at North Wyong in 1999. This building was consecrated by the Most Worshipful Grand Master Bro George Curry. The first Installation in that building and of Wyong Tuggerah Lakes was held in September 1999 - that being of Worshipful Bro Terry Wand.
Lodge Tuggerah Lakes No.757 was formed in 1948 and was a daughter Lodge of Wyong. This lodge owned its own premises in Toowoon Bay Road, Long Jetty and carried out freemasonry in the The Entrance, Long Jetty areas until 1998 when it made the decision to consolidate with Wyong (its mother lodge) just prior to the opening of the new centre at North Wyong.
Lodge Wyong is proud that it is the mother lodge of Lodge Morisset, Toukley, Tuggerah Lakes and Rising Sun (Gosford) and continues to have fraternal visits with Lodge Calala Tamworth, unbroken since 1952.
The Lodge meets on the third Thursday of the month, tyling at 7.00 pm and boasts the largest number of members of any lodge in District 21. Of its over 100 years of existence the lodge has only on four occasions had their Worshipful Master do consecutive terms in the chair.
During the Centenary Year of 2006-2007 several functions were staged, starting with the 100th Installation when the Installing Master, Wor Bro David Laffey placed the Centenary Master Wor Bro Robert Taylor in the chair. This was followed by a train trip to the Mudgee/Gulgong area, a re-union type meeting in April, and a Centenary Banquet in July at Wyong RSL Club.
The centenary celebrations finished when the Worshipful Master installed Wor Bro Neil McKay, who was originally a member of Lodge
Tuggerah Lakes, into the chair in September, 2007.
If you would like to know more, please do not hesitate to contact us using the contact form provided on this webpage.
Wyong Masonic Centre
365 Pacific Hwy, Wyong NSW 2259